Tuesday 8 April 2014

Fond of Opera and Bel Canto? Rent a villa in Mauritius Part- 2

I was impressed by the overall quality and luxury of this house and before this encounter, I was far from imagining that such holiday accommodation was available in Mauritius. One conviction was settling in my head: I had to rent one like this too one day no matter how hard I had to work for it. So I started investigating to find out from my spontaneous host, how did he manage to rent such a luxury villas in Mauritius.


Obviously, my question surprised him; he smiled. “I come to Mauritius every single year since 7 years and rent villas for the last 5 years,” he said. “I always use the same agent who manages to keep the best villas available for me... although I must admit, I tend to book them very much in advance, sometimes a year in advance so as to be sure I have a choice.”

He explained that by then he knew all the tourist places of Mauritius very well and although he likes the country very much, his homeland, (South-Africa) could easily compete in terms of sceneries and natural wonders but what kept him coming to Mauritius for yearly holidays was the way of life he was experiencing when renting villas, the devoted service, the personal and kind attention of the agents, Bernard Cayeux Sophie and, the way they had to make every look possible and easy. 

- “Sure, you can have their particulars, here is Bernard's phone number, they live a few houses away and if you tell him it's me who referred you to him it might help.” “Their website's name was easy to remember: Bookmauritius-villas.com”

- “I wish I could afford renting a Villas in Mauritius like this...” I risked as a deviated way of finding out about rates without mentioning money as, from the wine we were offered, I guessed my host was anything but poor 

- “You'd be surprised about the rates” he said. “If you are 4 or more, renting a villa of this standard can be cheaper than staying at a hotel, especially if you are a frequent traveler with miles credits.”


We thanked him, exchanged contact details and we parted as we had the constrain of being in time for the buffet at the hotel which was, I must admit, not the most exciting prospect I had during those short holidays in Mauritius.

As I was leaving the house, accompanied by a magnificent moon rise, with the music fading out again, I decided to make use of our last day prospecting for next time because yes, this short hour I just spent was enough to have me convinced; I will be back sooner than later, in that very same villa or at least in Poste Lafayette, this time with the kids and, why not, another couple of friends and... our Opera collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment